|Sl.No.||Name of Course||Intake|
|2||Aircraft maintenance (avionics) Engineering||180|
One of the most challenging areas of Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering deals with the development of new technology in the field of avionics, space and defense.
AERONAUTICAL IN DIPLOMA
Aeronautical in diploma is said to be the first course in Tamil Nadu which was being started in Shri Sai Baba Polytechnic College. Already B.E. in Aeronautical was one of the existing courses. But even though Diploma in Aeronautical was introduced by Shri Sai Baba Polytechnic College which concentrates more In practical i.e 75% rather than the others.
Whereas students here comes out with highly skilled knowledge in which they are capable of doing a model of helicopter in the final year which gaves a good scope for the students in their future.
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE IN DIPLOMA
Combination of Aeronautical and Electronics was said to be the Avionics which was first established in India by Shri Sai Baba Polytechnic College. Here the communication between the pilot and the ground station was being taught innovatively using a running plane.
Hence student’s studying this course comes up with three motivations where he/she would be pilot or placed in maintenance or he/she may be a intelligent writer of IC Coding in the upcoming generations. Mean while students studying here gets lighted up in the future.
The main objective of the programme being
• To prepare students for successful carrier in industry that meets the needs of India and multinational companies in the field of aeronautical engineering
• To train the students to improve their ability to design system, Aeronautical component or process.
• To enable the students to visualize and work on laboratory and perform multi disciplinary task.
• To assure the students the use of modern engineering tools and equipments.
• To provide an opportunity to the students to develop work as a part of team to make a full working helicopter.
• To develop the ability to identify formulate and solve issue related to Aircraft/Helicopter.